What is Convection Microwave and Grill Microwave
Microwave ovens are one of several kitchen appliances that didn’t exist a decade ago but have now become a necessity in every kitchen. Microwave ovens have proven to be highly convenient for heating meals and requiring cooking since the price of cooking gas has increased, and the availability of the same has decreased. Microwave ovens are popular among cooks since they allow for quick cooking and excellent food.
Microwave ovens have multiple uses but also there are various types of microwaves available. So in this article, we will talk about the difference between these two types, their pros and cons, and aspects from which you can differentiate between them.
What is Convection And Grill Microwave?
What is a Convection Microwave?
A convection microwave combines all the functions of a normal microwave and a convection oven, allowing you to bake and roast food and heat it. Convection microwaves are a wonderful alternative for small kitchens, apartments, and RVs because of their versatility and small size.
The heating element of a convection microwave oven is helped by a fan that pushes air circulation around the oven and heats it thoroughly, evenly cooking food from the inside out. Convection is derived from the Latin term “convection,” which means “wave.”
Convection is a method of heat exchange that works on the concept of natural air movement; as cold air is heated, it rises, and the upper layer of air cools, becomes heavier, and flows down. Convection ovens may achieve temperatures of 200 °C due to the continuous air circulation, with the fan cycling on and off as needed to maintain the temperature.
Convection microwave is most suitable for home use, small kitchens and Rvs. If you like cooking and baking and want it done with ease then having a convection microwave is must for you. We have already prepared a list of best convection microwave & Best Baking Ovens for you.
- Cooking times are shortened thanks to a combination of convection and microwave ovens.
- The convection option allows for more even cooking.
- Microwave racks allow you to cook many items at the same time.
- Convection microwave ovens save space in your kitchen by merging your microwave and oven into one unit.
- It saves energy
- should be cleaned after every use.
- In comparison to other comparably-priced
- The internal temperature drops when the door is opened, affecting timing and cooking results.
What is a Grill Microwave?
Grill ovens are more complex than standard or solo ovens. It features cooking abilities, such as warming and defrosting; some models can even roast meals! Some grill models also let you brown meat before serving it over rice, which we couldn’t achieve with our ordinary kitchen equipment. Because of its versatility, there are many different cooking methods to choose from, whether you want pizza or want to try Thai cuisine.
A grill microwave may include extras such as a metal grill or a rack. This is used to raise food near the microwave’s radiant heating element, which is located near the top. At the touch of a button, this helps toast bread evenly, grill food, and melt the cheese.
You can roast meat and veggies with these extra features. This is quite useful since you can get the grill flavour without heating your BBQ grill. A grill microwave may be more expensive than a single microwave because of these qualities.
- There’s no need to clean the grill after each use. Wipe out your microwave as needed.
- By adding the grill mode to your microwave, you can significantly shorten cooking times. This has two effects. By grilling the meal while cooking in the microwave, you can speed up the process.
- You can grill food like BBQ.
- The addition of the microwave grill will increase the weight of your appliance.
- Despite being more versatile than a standard microwave, the grill microwave has limitations. Grill microwave cannot be used to bake or roast food.
- You have to pay extra for a grill microwave rather than a convection microwave.
Difference Between Convection And Grill Microwave
Convection Microwave Features
A convection microwave has most of a solo or grill microwave characteristics. Moreover, most have superior glass doors and sensor heating technology that turns off when it detects that the meal is ready, rather than wasting heat from lingering around for longer than necessary. Inverter technology helps cut down on cooking time by transforming power into waves. As a result, your kitchen appliances do not become overheated.
Modern convection ovens are ideal for cooking new foods since they offer an automatic temperature selection feature. However, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on them and see when they’re done by visually inspecting your dish or if required, By directly adjusting the microwave’s power levels, if the power level is set to “high,” for example, it will gradually decrease once the meal reaches the ideal cooking temperature.
Grill Microwave Features
This appliance is ideal for any household because it can be used as both a grill and a microwave. It includes numerous features that will help you prepare your food faster, such as an eco mode that will ensure your stainless steel dishes do not overheat or shatter.
The power grill feature allows you only to use the grill, which may take longer than using the combo. However, if your meal has perfect grill lines and a superb caramelised sear that is difficult to create without this mode, there’s no reason not to try. The eco-mode uses less electricity while still producing a delightful aroma.
Convection Microwave Working
A convection microwave has 2 modes. The first mode of a convection microwave is the standard mode, which uses microwaves to heat or cook food. The second is the convection mode, which turns your microwave into a convection oven by distributing heat evenly throughout the appliance using a heating element and a fan.
As a result, a convection microwave allows you to use cooking methods that aren’t possible with standard microwaves, such as baking, roasting, and boiling. Microwaves with both standard and convection modes allow you to cook food faster. On the other hand, people with small kitchens may enjoy the versatility and space-saving features of a convection microwave. Also, if you’re constantly short on time, their convenience and speed are valuable features.
Grill microwave Working
It operates by recreating the environment of an outdoor grill. The outside browns nicely when you cook food on your grill, while the inside cooks gently and evenly. A grill microwave contains an inside heating element that emits heat to mimic the cooking conditions of an outdoor grill. Grill racks allow you to bring food closer to the heat source, resulting in those delicious char marks.
Microwave grills often have two settings: “grill” and “microwave”. Metal utensils are safe to use on the BBQ. Plastic, silicon, paper, and wood are among the materials that should not be used in “grill” mode. In “grill” mode, avoid using utensils or cookware made of these materials.
Grill Microwave Watt
Grill microwaves are often more powerful and have a larger capacity than conventional microwaves, ranging between 900 and 1700 watts. They’re also better at cooking, which helps achieve the appropriate flavour for your meal, which can be tough when using a regular one-touch setting on certain dishes or heating things too much due to insufficient power. To do so without destroying them.
Convection Microwave Watt
The power levels of a convection microwave can range from 1200W to 2200W. Although the wattage is significant because the cooking method differs from grill microwaves or standard ovens, even a convection microwave with a lesser power level can perform well.
The grill microwave is a small range of microwave ovens that can cook food. They can carry between 1 and 2,5 cubic feet of food, typically 26–32 litres, depending on the size of your dinner or dessert!
Because of their convection action, convection microwaves are better at cooking food than normal microwaves. These ovens vary depending on the manufacturer, brand, and model, but it normally ranges from 20 to 38 litres with a maximum capacity of two cubic feet or more.
How To Use a Grill Microwave?
- Press 1 for low power and 2 or 3 for maximum power to activate your grill.
- Select your favourite grilling time with the dial for a perfect display.
- If you need to add time for standing, there’s an “add timer” button.
- Shut the oven door. Unlike when using the grill, it must be tightly closed for this operation to prevent heat from escaping and escaping from other sections of the machine if it is opened too soon after usage.
- Finally, start by pressing the “start” button.
How To Use a Convection Microwave?
- For reheating or quick-cooking periods, use the microwave option. Leftovers, popcorn, steamed or reheated veggies, prefabricated meals, and so on are examples of this.
- When cooking items for a longer time, use your convection microwave mode. Examples are roasted meats and vegetables, baked foods, pizza, and other browned or crisped items.
- Use the combination setting on your convection microwave to cook food faster and get a crispy outer layer. To avoid overcooking or burning, keep a close eye on your food.
- To allow optimal air circulation, use the round convection rack on your convection microwave and bakeware with lower sides.
- Only the convection setting should be used with metal goods. When using the microwave or the combo setting, avoid using metal goods.
Which One To Choose Convection Vs Grill
Both of them have their benefits and drawbacks. The decision comes to what you want. The only difference is that grill microwaves, like solo microwave ovens, can be used for basic cooking tasks such as popping popcorn, boiling rice or pasta, or brewing milk, coffee, or tea. They can also defrost as well as reheat meals and drinks.
However, difference between grill and convection microwave is grill microwave can cook fish, chicken, steak, and kebabs in the same way that an outdoor BBQ grill can. The only thing grill microwaves aren’t capable of is baking. While microwave convection ovens can do all of the above and a lot more, They’re small ovens that bake cakes, brownies, cookies, and a variety of bread faster than ordinary ovens.
Now you can easily differentiate between the two. A grill and a convection microwave might be indispensable kitchen gadgets in today’s environment. Infact, the budgetly friendly microwaves include the feature of grill and convection and enusre best quality. The grill and the convection microwave are outstanding pieces of equipment with distinct pros and cons.
Advika is a talented Indian cook with a passion for sharing her culinary expertise with others. Born and raised in India, she has spent years mastering traditional recipes from across the country, as well as putting her own unique twist on classic dishes. Her recipes are easy to follow, with step-by-step instructions and helpful tips for cooks of all levels