In most Indian homes, the microwave oven has become an indispensable kitchen feature. So, whether you’re looking to get a new microwave oven or upgrade your current microwave oven, you’ve come to the right place. Baking, grilling, warming, reheating, and cooking can all be done in a microwave oven. It’s a great summer gadget because it doesn’t heat your kitchen as a gas burner does.
When it comes to electronics, two brands come to mind: Samsung and LG. Leading competitors, LG and Samsung, If anyone is interested in high-end options, sometimes you are left with only these two brands.
Samsung Brand Overview:
In March 1938, Lee Byung-Chull, a South Korean businessman, founded Samsung as a grocery trading company. The company first entered the electronics sector in 1969, with a black-and-white television as its first electronic product.
Samsung produces a variety of consumer and industrial electronics, including appliances, digital media devices, semiconductors, memory chips, and integrated systems. It has become one of the most well-known technology brands and produces about a fifth of South Korea’s total exports.
Samsung Electronics published the “Five Samsung Business Principles” in 2005 as a statement of its commitment to corporate social responsibility as a global leader. The principles serve as the cornerstone of the company’s global code of conduct, ensuring that it follows legal and ethical guidelines while also fulfilling its corporate social duties.
Samsung has a simple corporate philosophy: to commit its skills and technology to develop exceptional goods and services that improve the world. Samsung gives high priority to its people and technology to achieve this. Samsung is now one of the world’s largest manufacturers of electrical components.
It is also a key provider of electronic components to firms like Apple, Sony, Nokia, and others, including batteries, semiconductors, processors, flash memory, and hard drives.
Samsung Microwave Specifications
The following are the features of the Samsung microwave.
1.No Child Lock
While cooking, the Samsung microwave oven should never be opened frequently. It will alter the cooking time and quality of the meal and cause burns. Because the oven generates great heat, children should be kept away from it.
As a result, most ovens have a child lock feature that protects children from potentially dangerous circumstances. The timing is unaffected by locking and unlocking the childproof doors.
2. Feature of Steam Cleaning
Thanks to the clean steam system, cleaning the microwave is easy. Fill the steam cleaning container with water, place it against the microwave’s wall, then press the Steam Clean button. This bacteria-killing mechanism keeps your microwave clean and sanitary.
3. Slim fry technology
You might have a fryer at home where you occasionally prepare and fry your weekend cuisine. But it’s most likely a deep fryer. Thanks to the revolutionary SlimFry technology, you can effortlessly fry foods without using much oil.
The oven’s Slim Fry technology allows hot air to circulate throughout the oven, resulting in healthy, delicious, and oil-free fries. It is incredibly easy to clean and saves you a lot of time because very little oil is used.
4. Keep Warm
Most ovens have a “delayed start-time” function that helps keep the internal temperature low for a long time. It is a great way to keep the food warm until you’re ready to serve it. There will be no changes in flavor or texture, and the food will not be overcooked.
The Turbo Baking feature, which works in concert with convection heating, uses hot air and a grill to create a golden, crispy surface on the top. As long as you leave it in the oven, the crisp outside will last until you’re ready to serve it. It is one of the unique features of the latest microwave oven models that have never been seen before.
5.Indian Auto-Cook recipes
There is a specific button for using pre-installed auto-cooking recipes on the touch control system on this oven. What makes it even more interesting is its specific collection of Indian recipes.
This auto-cook feature is simple to use and will make your work easier and faster. You can also receive a properly updated library of recipes by using the recipes from the Samsung app.
6. Sensor Feature
This cutting-edge smart technology will assess the cooking time and make adjustments as needed. The device will detect the presence of steam in the oven and determine if the food is properly cooked. There’s no need to set the timer or make any adjustments to the auto-cook settings.
When the meal is done, the microwave will automatically switch off, reducing the chances of undercooking or overcooking. This feature, however, is only accessible on some of the most expensive microwave ovens.
7. It’s easy to clean the ceramic cavity
The stainless steel cavity is standard on most microwave ovens. If you use steel utensils at home, you already know that cleaning them takes a little longer. On the other hand, Samsung never ceases to impress us with innovative, tried-and-true technologies.
8. Wave system for gourmets
Some models have the Gourmet Wave System, which uses continuous monitoring to manage power levels and speed up electrical conversion in microwaves. Due to the equal distribution of heat, this provides faster and better cooking outcomes. Using this approach will save you up to 15% on energy, and your food will retain its nutritious content better.
9. Manual power settings
Use manual power level settings if you prefer your food cooked in a certain manner and don’t want to use the normal auto cook controls. To suit the meal you’re preparing, reduce the microwave’s power output from 100% to 10%.
You can manually change the power level for preheating, grilling, and convection cooking. This feature, on the other hand, is more useful.
Different Types Of Utensils To Be Used In Samsung Microwaves
- China, pottery, glass ceramic dishes, and oven proof glass are suitable to be placed in samsung microwave oven.
- Utensils made from fine bone china and ordinary glass should be used for short period of time as they can crack if exposed to heat for long time.
- Metal utensils should never be placed as they reflect the microwaves.
The Pros and Cons of Samsung Microwaves
- Everyone can become a great cook using the world’s first 2D barcode scanning device and a library of pre-programmed recipes. The smart codes written on food packaging are read by the scanner. The easy manual controls make it simple to prepare your favorite cuisine. It’s clever and quick.
- The smart oven is equipped with additional safety features to protect your precious children from harm.
- Designed by Jasper Morrison, a famous worldwide industrial designer, the smart oven is pleasantly tiny while providing significantly more cooking space than competitors.
- The smart oven is four times faster than a traditional oven, allowing you to spend your time on more important things.
- The oven door is light, featuring a soft and smooth open and close feature. So the act of opening the oven is as delightful as cooking in it.
- Although the nutrients are preserved in the microwave, the texture, color, and flavor of the food will vary compared to cooking on the stove.
- It causes dehydration because the water content of the food drops, making it more prone to drying out, and the cooked meal becomes unevenly cooked.
Best Samsung microwaves
LG Brand Review:
LG Electronics Inc., headquartered in Yeouido-dong, Seoul, South Korea, is a South Korean multinational electronics corporation. LG Electronics is a subsidiary of LG Group, South Korea’s fourth-largest chaebol. It is widely seen as the group’s pinnacle, along with LG Chem, the group’s chemical and battery sector.
Home entertainment, mobile communications, home appliances, air solutions, and automotive components are the four business units. LG Electronics bought Zenith in 1995 and is now the largest shareholder in LG Display, which will be the world’s largest display firm by revenue by 2020.
LG Electronics is the world’s second-largest television maker, after Samsung Electronics. The former LG Electronics was split off in 2002 to create a holding company, with the “new” LG Electronics being spun off and the “old” LG Electronics changing its name to LG EI.
It was merged with and into LG CI (the legal successor to the erstwhile LG Chem) in 2003, and the company that started as GoldStar is now defunct.LG Electronics, Inc. (LG Electronics) is a subsidiary of LG Corporation that manufactures and sells consumer electronics and home appliances.
Televisions, monitors, personal computers, refrigerators, audio and video equipment, washing machines, dishwashers, culinary appliances, air purifiers, dehumidifiers, residential and commercial air conditioners, microwave ovens, and vacuum cleaners are all part of the company’s product portfolio.
Vehicle components, smartphones, and camera modules are also available. LG Electronics provides commercial display solutions, solar energy systems, energy storage systems, and energy management solutions to businesses.
LG Microwave Specifications
If you’re thinking about buying an LG microwave oven, you’ll undoubtedly want to know what sets it apart from other microwave models before you commit. LG, a South Korean home appliance and personal device company, appears to have a lot of faith in the need for its products.
Earlier this year, the company made news when it announced ambitions to convert its smartphone manufacturing divisions into home appliance manufacturing plants. If you purchase an LG household appliance, particularly an LG microwave oven, you can expect the following features:
1. A barbeque at home
You can enjoy chicken tikka and tandoori paneer in the comfort of your own home. Have a family barbecue night at home or invite a few friends to bond over the wonderful, evenly done food that your LG microwave oven’s 360-degree motorized rotisserie provides.
Now is the time to purchase the microwave oven of your dreams and bring all your cravings to the table! Don’t be concerned about the cost; break free from your budget restraints by using your Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card, which allows you to pay for electronics and appliances in affordable monthly installments over various tenors ranging from 3 to 24 months.
2. Diet-fry option
There’s no need to go without samosas, bhajjias, pakoras, and other delicious deep-fried treats any longer! LG’s latest microwave oven models include a diet-fry feature that lets you make all of our most popular and crispy (usually deep-fried) delights with less oil.
3. Special Roti Dish
Rotis are as diverse as India’s distinct ethnicities, and different members of the same family may have different roti preferences. Some prefer thick and hearty, while others prefer paper-thin with a few extra black areas for that delicious charred flavor. With the Roti Basket feature on the latest LG microwave ovens, you can make 12 different styles of rotis.
4. Homemade ghee
Homemade appears to be the trend in the post-pandemic world, with people making their own butter, cookies, and bread. Another item on this list is ghee, which LG claims can be made in as little as 12 minutes.
5. Auto cook menu for a healthy heart
Today, most microwave ovens have an auto-cook menu, even if the price is quite low and the appliance is aimed at low-income consumers. The more expensive a microwave oven is, the more available auto-cook menu options.
LG microwave ovens include a special menu for those who want to eat food that promotes a healthy lifestyle, specifically a healthy heart. Aside from this function, there is a regular auto-cook menu with a wide variety of regional meals for a gourmet adventure in the comfort of your own home.
6. Heater for lighting with charcoal
LG’s latest microwaves include the company’s signature charcoal lighting heater, which provides your food with a crisped surface and a juicy interior without masking the inherent flavors of the food.
Because we are always snapping images of everything we see, do, and eat, aesthetics have become more important than ever before. LG offers a variety of microwaves in a variety of colors, and some of them even include floral creative aspects to add to their appeal.
8. A wide range of models
An LG microwave can be purchased for anywhere between Rs. 6,000 and Rs. 34,000. There are roughly 30 models to pick from in various segments, ranging from affordable to mid-range to high-end. The advantages of buying a microwave from a company that offers such a diverse range of models are numerous.
For example, you can almost certainly find a model with the precise features and pricing you want, and you won’t see the identical model in every other kitchen.
9. Good deals
Owning an LG microwave under current offers entitles you to a complimentary health check-up via an online consultation with LG-affiliated experts and other perks worth up to Rs. 20,000!
10. Long-lasting models
Home appliances are long-term investments, and no one wants to keep replacing them every two years. It’s not just about the cost of the new microwave oven; it’s also about getting used to how it works. According to most users, LG microwave ovens last 9 to 10 years!
Different types of Utensils To Be Used In LG Microwaves
- In micro mode utensils made of silicon, glass and microwave safe plastic can be used. Metals should be avoided.
- In grill mode metal utensils can be used. Utensils made from any kind of plastic and silicon cannot be used.
- In convection mode utensils made of silicon,metal and glass can be used. Utensils made of Plastic, paper and wood cannot be used.
The Pros and Cons of LG Microwaves
- There are health benefits when cooking in an LG microwave. Many cooking processes burn away key nutrients, resulting in high vitamin and mineral retention. Some microwave meals are suggested due to their ability to retain essential nutritional value because of too little or no added water, covered cooking, and a short heating time.
- Enhancement of flavor. Microwaved meals do not require the addition of butter, oils, or salt because they are cooked in their juice. It preserves the meal’s flavor, allowing you to enjoy it without consuming excess sodium, sugar, or fat. When some foods are cooked in the microwave, they may help with weight loss.
- Real food in a shorter amount of time. While it is quick and easy to use a microwave, it is also feasible to prepare nutritional meals rather than a quick lunch. Juicy fish, crisp vegetables, and desserts like apple slices with cinnamon or sliced plums, almonds, and honey can all be prepared with the help of steam bags.
- Charcoal Heater: Currently, only LG offers charcoal heaters in their microwave ovens in India. The advantage of using a charcoal heater is that it quickly heats or crisps food and makes it taste as if it were cooked in a brick oven. Charcoal grilling is the world’s first eating grill that increases water heat absorption, allowing food to cook more naturally and efficiently than traditional sheath grilling.
- LG’s also got affordable microwave under 5000 to know more check best microwave under 5000
- It degrades the majority of the minerals and vitamins in food.
- Because the time spent varies considerably, you must stand and frequently check if you do not want the food to burn. For example, popcorn will indicate 3 minutes on the package, but it will be cooked by that time.
- The dish will usually lose its natural flavor, and it will be generally overcooked.
- Negative consequences will occur if certain utensils are not used.
Best LG microwaves
Which brand is better?
Samsung is a South Korean corporation that has built a name for itself in the electronics industry. In reality, it is the world’s largest electronics manufacturer. To begin with, there are various types of microwave such as convection microwaves, single microwaves, and baking microwave ovens available from Samsung. The best part about this brand is that they provide both high-end and budget-friendly options.
For the most part, all microwaves are equipped with advanced features and high-end functionality, and there are three types, as previously indicated. First and foremost, single microwave ovens are the most basic models available, equipped with a magnetron for food heating.
LG is a South Korean electrical appliance manufacturer that has been in business since 1958. When it comes to microwave ovens, they have high-end and budget-friendly solutions to fit everyone’s individual needs. Microwave ovens are equipped with advanced high-tech features that boost performance and provide a more convenient cooking experience.
LG microwave ovens are also noted for their rapid operating and quick-cooking characteristics. The LG microwave ovens have the ability to grill, brown, and bake, among other activities.
To conclude, both brands offer effective performance, and the choice is entirely up to you.
LG and Samsung are two of India’s most well-known consumer electronics brands. They also lead the industry in microwave ovens with their top-of-the-line models ranging in variety of prices to know a few do look at best microwave under 10000. We have tried to make things as simple as possible for you. So, here’s what we’ve learned from our experience. We hope you now understand the microwave oven and what you’ll need based on your budget, culinary features, frequently used settings, and microwave capacity. For example, if you live alone, you may only require a small microwave, but if you have a large family, you may consider purchasing a larger microwave to meet your demands.