How to Connect Gas Pipe to Stove in India
How do you connect a gas pipe to your stove? Is it difficult to do so all by yourself? The answer is no, provided you carefully follow up through the step-by-step method. Although people mostly choose to seek professional help to do the same, one can easily decide on doing it themselves with proper guidance and knowledge about it. Hence, going further through this blog, you’ll acquire all that you need to know to master connecting your gas pipe to the stove, without any professional help.
Connecting Gas Pipe To Stove In India
So, you have bought a new stove and want to connect it to your gas pipe but are scared that effort will end up in flames. Don’t worry; follow our step-by-step guide and learn how to safely connect the gas pipe to your steel or glass stove.
1. Switch Off Burners
To start with, don’t forget to turn off the gas stove burner before you proceed further to ensure your safety.
2. Detach Gas Regulator From Cylinder
Next, you have to carefully detach the gas regulator from your cylinder by simply pushing it towards an inward direction. Given that there are different varieties of regulators available in the market nowadays make sure you know the type of your regulator to detach it safely, and don’t forget to cover the cylinder opening with its protective cap on the top.
3. Detach Pipe From Gas Regulator And Gas Stove
Now, you have to remove the gas pipe from the gas regulator and your stove carefully. In case you face any difficulty, you can opt for using some oil or a plier to detach it easily. Remember to avoid cutting the pipe at any cost.
4. Use Connector To Connect A New Pipe
Connect the new pipe with one end to the regulator and the other one to the stove connector.
5. Attach A Regulator To A Cylinder
It’s time now to remove the previously mentioned protective cap off the cylinder and attach the regulator to it.
6. Check For Leaks
Lastly, don’t forget to double-check for any leakage and poorly connected dots. Therefore, now you’re ready to use your stove with the newly connected gas pipe.
Tips To Keep In Mind When Using A Gas Stove
1. When Disconnecting An Empty Cylinder
- Make sure to put out all the flames and fire in the kitchen and anywhere near it, for example, candles, incense sticks, lamps, etc.
- Close off all the gas stove burners and the gas regulator.
- Now, you may grip the regulator and pull the plastic locking ring upwards while giving it a little swivel to lift the regulator, which in return will detach the regulator from the cylinder.
- Put back the plastic safety cap on and keep pressing it down until a click sound is heard. Thus, the empty cylinder will be ready to remove.
Note: When you want to clean the gas stove pipes, you will follow the same steps mentioned above to separate the pipe from the cylinder and gas stove.
2. Connecting A Filled Cylinder
- Firstly, press down the safety cap to remove it and pull the cord to lift open the cap off the cylinder.
- To mount the regulator, first, make sure that the knob is turned off.
- Pull the plastic bush up and place the regulator on the valve vertically.
- Press it down till the edges touch the valve on the cylinder. Release the plastic bush and press it down until you hear a click sound.
- The regulator is now successfully locked on the cylinder.
3. Check If You Smell Gas
- Stay calm and do not hasten to search for the leakage.
- Make sure the gas stove knobs are turned off and do not operate electrical switches.
- Turn off the regulator and open all doors and windows.
- In case the smell persists, call a professional to detach the regulator and fix the cap safely.
To sum up, although connecting a gas pipe to your stove all by yourself may seem a bit strenuous but it is not impossible. With all the steps mentioned above taken into consideration and appropriately executed with safety and care, anybody can connect their gas pipes to their stoves at home at ease. Whenever you face a constant problem regarding starting your gas stove, it might be a possible indication of the fact that you need to reinstall a new gas pipe. Other significant signs include gas leakage, pipe breakage, poorly connected dots while connecting a new pipe, etc.
Now that you are at the end of the blog and hopefully have mastered the knowledge to connect gas pipes to the stoves, feel free to confidently do it all by yourself and free yourself of the hassle to look for professionals to do it for you.
Advika is a talented Indian cook with a passion for sharing her culinary expertise with others. Born and raised in India, she has spent years mastering traditional recipes from across the country, as well as putting her own unique twist on classic dishes. Her recipes are easy to follow, with step-by-step instructions and helpful tips for cooks of all levels