Our kitchen cannot function without the tawa. To cook rotis, dosas, or omelettes, we use it every day. The Tawa pan designs have undergone a number of modifications, which is how we arrived at the present day. This page will cover a variety of facts regarding this ingredient used in Indian cuisine, from describing its applications to highlighting the best Tawas available in the Indian market.
So, how can we purchase the greatest and most ideal tawa that heats uniformly, has a high level of build quality, and enhances the quality of your cooking? To make cooking on a daily basis simple, we’ve chosen the top 10 tawa.
7 Best Chapati Tawa
Capacity: 5 Quarts
Handle Material:Stainless Steel
Special Feature: Gas Stovetop Compatible, Induction Stovetop Compatible
Capacity: 50 Milliliters
Special Feature: Induction compatible,
Handle Material: Stainless steel
Special Feature: Suitable for use on gas stoves and induction cooktops
Hard anodized aluminum, prized for its high heat conductivity, was used to make this tawa. This Hawkins Futura HA tawa is ideal for use on induction because it is built with a non-induction base.
This tawa has a comfortable grip for convenient handling. With this tawa, I can quickly prepare crispy Kambu Dosa, fluffy omelets, pancakes, and rotis.
- The Futura Hard Anodized surface is food-safe, non-reactive, and toxic-free.
- It is thermally efficient, warms up quickly and evenly, and is not damaged by intense heat.
- The stainless steel handle is comfortable and continues to remain cool.
- The food sticks on the tawa and is difficult to remove.
- Tawa is challenging to clean.
This cookware features a broad base that covers a sizable area, allowing for optimal heat conduction for even cooking of meals. This tawa has a new coating that increases its longevity and cooking safety.
Additionally, it is suitable for use with metal spoons. The Perma Cool Handle on the tawa ensures that I don’t need to worry about burning your hands when using it.
- It comes with a warranty of two years.
- This tawa can be used on induction stoves and has a hard anodized thick body.
- It features a good appearance and is durable and lightweight.
- Extremely tough to keep clean.
- There is less durability as the upper coating does not last long.
This tawa is made to provide healthy cooking, high quality, and amazing value, making your kitchen tasks easier and more comfortable.
I enjoy cooking traditional family dishes on this tawa, including French breakfast, crispy dosas, rotis, chapati, naan, suji parathas, kerala style pancakes, tawa pizza, phulkas, uttapams, chilas, and other bread.
- Cleaning and maintaining it is simple.
- It is heavy and of excellent quality at a fair price.
- Its ergonomically designed detachable professional handle provides balance, control, and convenience.
- It is not compatible with induction since it has a concave bottom.
- It is very thin and food sticks to it.
The bottom has a 25 cm diameter. My dosas and pancakes are always in excellent shape and won’t spill out of the tawa thanks to the rounded and raised sides.
Made from 100% food-grade virgin aluminum of the highest quality, which was purchased from Hindalco. This tawa has a diameter of 28 centimeters.
I feel it is an excellent choice for cooking rotis, chapatis, and other types of pancakes of medium size.
- The hard anodized surface is simple to clean
- You can cook without worrying about harmful toxins or reactions on its inert surface.
- Food sticks to the surface, after a few washes.
It is resistant to scratching, long-lasting, non-toxic, and non-reactive, and it provides excellent heat dispersion. It has a high-quality Bakelite handle, which shields the user’s hands from any heat.
The iron tawas are ideal for cooking on high heat. They are sturdy and long-lasting and come with a wooden handle and a steel ring for safety.
- It adds iron to your food. Unlike Teflon and other non-stick tawa/pans.
- Heats up uniformly and rapidly.
- Only effective with gas stoves; incompatible with induction cooktops.
- The rotis don’t cook evenly because they stick to the tawa.
This tawa is healthy, making it essential kitchen equipment for preparing nutritious meals for my family. Since iron is a necessary mineral, there are no health hazards associated with a small amount of metal seeping into the food.
No toxins at all in the product. Just pre-seasoned with 100% vegetable oil; no synthetic coloring or coating.
Over time, a straightforward seasoning method contributes to the development of a non-stick surface devoid of chemicals.
- The tawa has excellent durability
- Because it is so heavy and warms up too much, the handle is unusable and impossible to clean.
The entire tawa body heats up quickly and uniformly when made of pure iron ore. Gives your Paranthas, Rotis, and Chillas a flavor that is truly Indian.
Cast iron cookware is versatile and may be used to prepare a wide variety of dishes because it can be used on stovetops, barbecues, and ovens.
One benefit of purchasing cast iron kadais, tawas, or frypans is that they take up the least amount of room while providing the most utility.
Vinod Legacy Cast Iron is Multi-Functional and can be used for baking, frying, and grilling.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Heat is maintained and spread uniformly across the bottom of the pan.
- The handle becomes too hot to hold.
Factors To Consider When Buying Best Chapati Tawa
The Tawas that may be purchased in the market come in a variety of sizes. Typically, it falls around between 8 and 16 inches in length. If you want to make chapatis on a tawa, then any tawa that is eight inches in diameter would work just well.
If you want to make dosas, pancakes, or pudla, you should choose a tawas that is larger in size since it will produce more pleasing shapes. In addition to traditional tawa pans, there are also specialized dosa pans available in the market. These pans are designed specifically for making dosas and other flatbreads and come in a variety of sizes and shapes.Ultimately, the size and type of pan you choose will depend on your personal preferences and cooking needs.
There are a few different styles of tawas that may be purchased. Tawa can be purchased in a number of different materials, including cast iron, anodized aluminum, stainless steel, and aluminum.
Cast iron cookware can be viewed as a one-time investment because it is commonly available at affordable prices and lasts nearly indefinitely. In reality, even cast iron cookware that has been neglected and allowed to rust can frequently be restored to a condition nearly identical to new with a little cleaning and care.
Aluminum that has been anodized is protected to prevent metal from leaching into meals or reacting with acidic foods. Anodized aluminum cookware is safe, unlike regular, lightweight aluminum pots and pans that are extremely reactive with acidic foods (like tomatoes). Additionally, it is easy to clean, non-stick, and scratch-resistant.
The non-toxic, long-lasting, and sturdy cookware material stainless steel is a perfect choice for boiling, sautéing, and baking. Because it holds heat well and evenly cooks food, it is particularly effective for small-batch baking.
Because it is affordable, lightweight, and effectively conducts heat, aluminum is a common material for cooking.
3. Cooktop Compatibility
You must always check the cooktop compatibility when looking for the best Tawa for chapati. You can select any Tawa if you just have a gas burner and do not intend to purchase an electric oven. However, if you have an induction cooktop, you must make sure that the tawa you have selected is compatible with it.
Since they are heat-resistant and have good conductivity, the majority of the non-stick and stainless steel Tawa available online are ideal for induction cooktops. As a result, when placed on the glass cooktop of an electric oven, they won’t burn the food or cause any other accidents.
Everything you purchase is priced according to what you get in return. A higher-quality product will typically cost more because there is a better possibility that it will last longer before malfunctioning. Since businesses will profit from it being long-lived, customers are also likely to pay more for it.
Although it is comforting that the chapati tawa should be of outstanding quality and durability, this also holds true for other consumer products and gadgets we purchase. Remember to look for value while making your next best purchase. Not everything that costs the most is the finest.
How To Take Care Of Your Chapati Tawa
Taking care of your chapati tawa is essential for ensuring that it lasts for a long time and continues to deliver great cooking results. There are several tips and tricks that you can follow to keep your tawa in good condition. Look at the following points to get a clear idea.
- Cast iron cookware should be stored in a cabinet lined with a thick cloth, a towel, or cardboard to prevent rust from staining the drawers.
- Do not freak out if you discover rust on Tawa. Your Tawa’s quality is not diminished by this. Just because it is made of iron is all that it means. Use salt to scrub it or a Scotchbrite. Apply some oil next, then cook it for 10 to 15 minutes on a low flame before using.
- Tawas that have been pre-seasoned have a light seasoning coating. Therefore, be careful not to submerge it in water. Dry it off, apply oil, and then store it.
- To preserve the seasoning, avoid cooking acidic items like tomatoes and tamarind. In spite of this, food cooked in cast iron has a higher iron content when it contains acid.
The worst possible choice is to pick a random Tawa. Your money and time will both be wasted. So that you won’t have to deal with any problems in the future, please make sure to read over the points given above. Be sure to get a Tawa with a known brand.
With various options available in the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for your needs. However, by considering factors like size, material, and design, you can find the perfect chapati tawa that will meet your cooking requirements and budget.
If you are someone who wants quick rotis and don’t want to get in the long procedure of making one then there are affordable roti makers available in the market that can make your job easier.
These devices are designed to take the hassle out of making rotis, allowing you to enjoy fresh, homemade rotis without spending too much time and effort in the kitchen. Ultimately, whether you choose to make chapatis using a traditional tawa or opt for a roti maker, the end result will be delicious, healthy, and satisfying.