Variyali Sharbat is a refreshing summer cooler drink just like kulukki sharbat, nannari sharbat and spiced buttermilk which takes a few ingredients and steps to prepare. Variyali, also known as saunf, must be soaked overnight in water with misri and black raisins in a clay pot. To obtain all of the advantages, smash it with your hands in the morning, strain it, and consume it first thing in the morning. It is advised to eat saunf after every meal throughout the year for better digestion.
Fennel seeds are known by various regional names, such as Saunf in Hindi, variyali in Gujarati, Sompu in Telugu, Mauri in Bengali, and many more. Fennel seeds are a particular component in many Indian traditional dishes because they have a rich scent and relaxing flavor. Saunf is also a necessary component of Pickles. If you’re preparing mango pickles this summer, don’t forget to include saunf.
Saunf seeds contain a lot of cooling qualities. Steeping fennel seeds for a few hours or overnight is the best method to obtain all of the perks. Eating a teaspoon of saunf after each meal is also a common habit in India for good digestion.
- Fennel seeds are rich in vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and manganese, among other minerals.
- These seeds might help you lose weight by reducing your hunger. Fennel and its seeds are high in fiber, potassium, magnesium, and calcium, which are all important for perfect heart health.
- Vitamin C and quercetin, two powerful antioxidants found in fennel, can assist in decreasing inflammation and have antimicrobial qualities.
Variyali Sharbat Recipe
- 1 cup Saunf
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- 3 tbsp Mishri (rock salt)
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 & 1/2 cups water
- Cardamom pods
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 8 dry black grapes
- The first step is in an equal amount, combine fennel seeds and rock sugar in a blender, then add cardamom pods and mix until they are blended. Saunf sugar powder may be stored in an airtight glass container and set away for several months.
- Second, soak this saunf powder in a clay pot in 3.5 cups of water for 6+ hours or overnight.
- Using the same clay pot, soak 8 dried black grapes. You may also soak them individually.
- Stir everything well after 6 hours or the next day.
- Now filter the juice using a sieve or cotton cloth. Squeeze the fennel powder residue and the dried black grapes to get all of the juices. You have to add 1/2 cup of water, mashed or blended, to get all the juices.
- Add 1.5 tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon black salt, and 1/4 teaspoon roasted cumin powder in the end.
- Mix everything thoroughly, garnish with mint leaves and ice cubes, and serve it.
- If you want your Saunf Sharbat cold, place it in the refrigerator while it is soaking.
- During the hot summer days, serve Variyali Sharbat and Enjoy.
- The flavor and taste of sharbat are enhanced by the addition of soaking fennel seeds and cardamom.
- On medium heat, mix the sugar.
- The sharbat should be thick enough to coat the rear of a spoon.
- Variyali sharbat syrup can be stored for 3-6 months at room temperature and a year in refrigerated in an airtight bottle.
- When properly cool, variyali sharbat is insanely delicious.
- You may use jaggery or honey instead of sugar.
- Add some chopped mint leaves while serving to make it more vibrant.
- If you don’t have misri/rock sugar, you can use normal sugar too.
- Just before serving, squeeze lemon according to taste to make Variyali Sharbat extremely refreshing.
In the end, In this article, we learned How to Make Variyali Sharbat recipes. There are a few tips and tricks you should know before making it. Depending on your preferences, adjust the sugar quantity. Refrigerate the remaining variyali sharbat syrup and use it the next day. Depending on your preferences, you can add or subtract things. There are so many health benefits of drinking variyali sharbat like Constipation is alleviated and digestion is improved. Fennel seeds are rich in vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and fibers. Please leave a comment if you’ll try this recipe.