Sweet corn is very often bought at home for making masala corn, corn pakoda, corn cheese balls, corn cheese dosa and many other dishes.
But recently I made veg fried rice recipe with sweet corn. It was very easy to make and tasty. I have used green capsicum and sweet corn kernels alone, but you can make use of any colored capsicum and vegetables like carrot to give a nice color and taste.
Sweet corn fried rice can be served with gobi manchurian, chilli paneer or with any other gravy.
How to make Sweet Corn Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ onion
- 2-3 finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp white spring onion
- 4 tbsp finely chopped capsicum
- ½ cup boiled or frozen sweet corn
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp spring onion green
- salt to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add 2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic and saute well.
- Next add 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, and 2 tablespoons of spring onion white. Saute till onion turns translucent.
- Add finely chopped capsicum, sweet corn kernels and saute on a high flame. You can also add other vegetables according to your taste preference.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of vinegar, soy sauce and 1 teaspoon chili sauce. Saute on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Next add in the cooked basmati rice along with 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder and salt. Carefully toss everything well so that the rice does not break.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Corn fried rice is ready. Serve with gobi manchurian or any other side dish.