As Summers is around, we all crave for traditional chill juices like kulukki sharbat, nannari sharbat, or spiced buttermilk. But why keep our options limited to these juices. Today I am going to share my favorite milkshake recipe.
Sharjah Shake / Banana Milkshake – A Sharjahshake is a nutritious beverage for children and adults. A very popular milkshake is available in bakeries/juice shops or Kerala ice cream parlors. This has been common in Kerala since the early 90s. If you ask me about the story behind the name or its connection to the UAE – the answer is just three words – I don’t know. I think an engulf Keralite from Sharjah introduced it here, hence its name. I heard it was served for the first time in Calicut.
Whatever the story behind it. I’m sure this drink holds a lot of sweet school and college memories for many of us :). If you have such a story, don’t hesitate to share it below. A banana smoothie is good for your health in a variety of ways, i.e., it helps fight insomnia, reduces the risk of stroke, Perfect skin, and helps in weight gain.
Sharjah Milkshake Recipe
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1/4 cup milk
- Dried Fruits
- 1 tbsp bournvita
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder/chocolate powder
- In the Juicer jug, mash the frozen milk and add the peeled bananas and dried fruits. Make a fine grind.
- Put all the dry ingredients such as the Bournvita, sugar, cocoa powder, and other ingredients and mix it well.
- Add the remaining frozen milk.
- Now add the ice cubes and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the shake into two tall glasses and garnish with round-cut mini banana slices.
- You may top it with a sprinkling of Bournvita!
- You can also top it with a few dried fruits or a scoop of ice cream. In the summer, enjoy this refreshing drink.
- For a thick milkshake, the milk should be cooled as well. You may use ordinary bananas instead of frozen bananas and freeze milk instead of banana.
- As a topping or during mixing, a scoop of vanilla ice cream can be added to this milkshake.
- In this milkshake, the cashews are coarsely mashed, which we prefer. It’ll be wonderful to have some crunch.
- Any chocolate drink powder, such as milo, maltova, or Ovaltine, can be used.
- Sugar should be adjusted according to the sweetness of the bananas.
- I used Bournvita and cocoa powder, but you can also use the boost, Horlicks, and chocolate powder.
- In Kerala, small local bananas are used to make the Sharjah Shake. Since I don’t have access to it, I used Robusta bananas instead.
- If you don’t serve it instantly, it will get watery.
For the uninitiated, Sharjah Shake is a milkshake that you will find in most of the bakeries in Kerala. It’s a delightful mixture of milk, coffee powder, occasionally chocolate, peanuts, bananas, vanilla ice cream, and Boost, Horlicks, or Bournvita. This may seem like an odd mixture, but don’t let that stop you from giving it a try;— as I previously stated, this milkshake is finger-licking delicious!
In the end, we had to learn how to prepare the Sharjah shake and Sharjah milkshake recipe. You should know a few tips and tricks before getting started. Such as make use of blenders specially designed for milkshakes to get that thick shake ( We have listed best blenders do check them here) and just follow all the instructions which are given above and you’ll get your lovely and tasty milkshake which you can share it with your family, friends, and loved ones. It was fun making Sharjah shake. I’d love to know if you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to share your feedback and comments below.