Pressure Cooker Method: Spinach Chicken | Palak Murgh
Today I am sharing an easy pressure cooker chicken recipe made with spinach.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onions – chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp ginger – minced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder ( highly spicy)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 large tomato – chopped
- 1 pound chicken – cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach (fresh or frozen) – chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 litre pressure cooker with whistle
- Heat oil in a 2 litre aluminum pressure cooker. Once the oil is hot, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds. Then add the onions and sprinkle turmeric, red chili and coriander powder. Saute for a minute till the raw smell disappears. Then mix in the tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mix well to combine. Add spinach and cook for 2 whistles. Don’t add any water and let it cook in its own water. Switch off the flame. Let the pressure come down. Sprinkle garam masala and salt to taste.
Advika is a talented Indian cook with a passion for sharing her culinary expertise with others. Born and raised in India, she has spent years mastering traditional recipes from across the country, as well as putting her own unique twist on classic dishes. Her recipes are easy to follow, with step-by-step instructions and helpful tips for cooks of all levels