Peanuts Brinjal Pachadi from Andhra
Peanuts brinjal pachadi is a simple tasty chutney made by grinding the cooked brinjal and tomato to a fine thick paste. The addition of peanuts makes it have a taste similar to that of peanut chutney. It tasted best with steaming rice and hot ghee.We had that with idly, dosa and pongal too.Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup brinjal/ eggplant/ aubergine – cubed
- 1/2 cup tomatoes – cubed
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 1/2 cup ridge gourd (optional)
- 3 tsp coriander seeds
- 3-4 green chillies – chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cummin seeds
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oil in a kadai. Once they get heated up, add cummin seeds, garlic cloves, green chillies and coriander seeds. Throw in the brinjal, tomatoes and ridge gourd.
- Cook covered for 10- 15minutes on a low flame. Once done, let them cool.
- Simultaneously heat another kadai and dry fry the peanuts for 3-5 minutes on a medium flame with constant sauteing. Once done, remove and let it cool.
- Grind them all to a fine thick paste with little salt and little water. Adjust salt before serving.
- Serve the yummy brinjal pachadi with rice topped with a generous spoonful of ghee and spicy crispy pappad.