Today, I am sharing an easy to make payasam recipe – palada pradhaman. Palada payasam is a traditional payasam which is prepared in Kerala during many functions. Traditionally palada payasam is prepared from the scratch, ie,, the ada is prepared at home from rice flour, and then the preparation of payasam begins. This is a very long process and I wanted to share an easy recipe with you all. This is one of my favourite payasam though my husband likes parippu pradhaman. Here I have made use of ready made ada for this payasam. I have made use of Double horse palada. Now to the recipe..
- 1/2 cup ada (I used store bought)
- 1 litre milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 10 – 15 nos. cashews
- 10 nos. raisin
- In a wide bowl, add water and boil it nicely. Then add ada to it, cover it and keep it aside for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, you will notice that ada is increased in size. Drain the water and rinse nicely 2 to 3 times in cold water.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add water and bring it to boil. Once it starts boiling, add milk.
- Boil until milk reduces a little. Now add the washed ada, and cook on low flame for 15 – 20 minutes. By this time you will notice that milk has reduced to half the original quantity.
- Now add sugar and cook for some more time. The payasam becomes pale cream color. Add cardamom powder and turn off the flame.
- In another pan heat ghee. Add cashews and roast till it starts changing color. Transfer it to a plate. Next add raisins and wait till it puffs up. Remove from the pan and add it to the payasam.
- Payasam is ready.