#inhislunchbox Week 3 Summary
What you will find in this post?
- Shopping List for the week 3
- A summary of the lunch I packed for my kindergartener on the third week of his school.
Did you read about my Week 1 and Week 2 lunchbox summary?
Sidd completes about 80% of the food I pack for him. He carries one lunch bag which will hold the stainless steel dabbha and one snack. Rest of the snack will go in to his backpack and he eats the remaining snacks at his after school program. He gets picked around 06:00 PM.
On the school front, he is enjoying his time with his new friends and teacher. He earned a blue card for being a good kid. Last Saturday we did a three day trip to Mount Shasta and Lassen National Park. Overall a very productive school week and also we immensely enjoyed our short trip.
From your grocery store:
- Chocolate and lemon wafers
- Fruits snacks and fruit roll ups (I bought Annie’s organic brand)
- Trader joe’s multigrain apple straws
- Trader joe’s almond bark
- Store bought idli batter (I make mine at home)
- Dried idiyappam / rice noodles (Concord brand)
- Yogurt (I make mine at home)
- Roasted peanuts
From farmer’s market:
- Green and purple cabbage
- Bottle gourd
- Red and green grapes
From your pantry:
- Slivered almonds
- Chaat masala
- Sesame oil
- Unsweetened dessicated coconut
- Idli rice
- Urad dahl (white lentils)
- Fenugreek seeds
- Flattened rice (aval /poha)
- Garbanzo beans
Week 3 Lunchbox Summary
Week 3, Day 1:
- Snacks for the day: Blackberry, Popcorn, Chocolate wafers, Fruits snacks & fruit roll ups
- Lunch: Carrot-cabbage uthappam with cilantro thogayal
Week 3, Day 2:
- Snacks for the day: cucumber, cheese, almond bark, homemade energy ladoo, whole grain Apple straws
- Lunch: Zucchini-slivered almond paniyaram flavored with chaat masala. Mix the dosa-idli batter with finely grated zucchini, almonds and chaat masala and salt if needed. Make the paniyaram with oil. I used sesame oil. He will eat it with ketchup.
Week 3, Day 3:
- Snacks for the day: Strawberry-blackberry, homemade energy ladoo, lemon wafers, grapes and clementine, gummy bears
- Lunch: Salad stuffed idli and tomato chutney drizzled with sesame oil. I used our last night’s left over salad ( green-purple cabbage, avocado, carrot, garbanzo beans mixed with hummus) for the stuffing.
Week 3, Day 4:
- Snacks for the day: Homemade energy ladoo, apples, strawberry, clementine, almond thins, gummy bears
- Lunch: Dosa waffle with mushrooms, coconut, purple cabbage and carrot + sumac and served with hummus drizzled with olive oil.
Week 3, Day 5:
When life gives you dosa-idli batter, you make uthappam, paniyaram, idli or dosa for four days and on fifth day when you run out of the batter, you wonder what to pack right! 😂😂😂
- Snacks for the day: Grapes, homemade energy ladoo, clementine, apples, banana and almond thins
- Lunch: Puliotharai sevai (steamed rice noodles) with sorakkai (lauki / bottle gourd) raita
Never miss my posts on weekly menu planning, weightloss tips and kid friendly recipes, food science and much more! Subscribe to my blog by entering your email address. Thank you and Vanakkam!
Advika is a talented Indian cook with a passion for sharing her culinary expertise with others. Born and raised in India, she has spent years mastering traditional recipes from across the country, as well as putting her own unique twist on classic dishes. Her recipes are easy to follow, with step-by-step instructions and helpful tips for cooks of all levels