Here I am sharing my post about making methi chicken (chicken cooked with fenugreek leaves). This is a everyday chicken curry made with simple ingredients from the kitchen. I make this on a weeknight too. The recipe is quick and straight forward. Serve this hot curry with steamy rice or naan or roti (you can use roti maker to make rotis in your tight schedule).
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken – cubed
- 2 cups fenugreek leaves (fresh) – chopped
- 1 large red onions – chopped
large tomato – chopped (can use vegetable chopper to easily chopped the vegetables)
- 1 tbsp garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp ginger – minced
- 1 tsp
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder ( highly spicy)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large cooking pan. Once the oil ripples, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds.
- Then add the onions and a teaspoon salt and let it cook covered for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the turmeric, red chili and coriander powder. Saute for a minute till the raw smell disappears. Then mix in the tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mix well to combine. Cook covered for 10 minutes. After that add the fenugreek leaves and cook covered on medium-low flame for further 25-30 minutes.
- Don’t add any water and let it cook in its own water. Sprinkle garam masala and check for salt.